Summer of the Shining Squirrels PART 2
Friday, August 12, 2005
 
"You wish you could fly . . ."
Dear sisters,

Below you'll find some pictures of my wisdom teeth endeavor as well as some lovely adventures with Isabel I've had the past couple of days. I think I may finally be recovering from the teeth surgery, thanks to some good African dancing at Folk Dance camp as well as some time to recover. Since I returned from MN, actually I've felt very much in a fog and kind of silent and reclusive. At Suzuki teacher training I was reluctant to talk to all the adults and was generally restless. Then I got my wisdom teeth out which really screwed with my system (I slept for roughly two days, and my memory is pretty fuzzy and generally unpleasant from that time), Dance camp helped a little bit, but I still didn't really want to talk to people or try new things or get out of my comfort zone. Oh, and giving double red-blood cells on Wednesday was certainly no help to my energy level. Isabel is helping me to emerge from this sort of chrysalus, with her simple childlike interest and joy in everything around her, and the simplicity of social interaction required to spend time with her and I am beginning to have my old excitements and desires back: painting a picture, wanting to get outside and do physical activity, read and think critically about books, try out some greek review, go out with friends, write letters, contact people, play quartets etc. etc. I am greatful to be returning to a more energetic, full of life person.

Anyway, that's what's up with me. I've got to go practice some viola because I'm playing a quartet gig for a good friend of mine who's getting married tonight. I love and miss you guys!

peace and all good,

maria

PS for those of you who haven't heard the new Nickel Creak cd, the title to this post is a line from a song from them that pretty well describes me when I don't have energy. It's a great album and I reccomend it highly, the songs have been running through my head day and night.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger