Summer of the Shining Squirrels PART 2
Saturday, July 23, 2005
 
Interesting Family Developments
Hey all,
so not too much going on in my life, but we got some big family news yesterday--my cousin Marie, who's 18, is going to have a baby in January. I think it's been really tough on her telling her parents (and I think the huge-ass family reunion at the beginning of August is only going to be harder, because this is quite the scandal for the "perfect" Nora family). My aunt and my mom (and others, I'm sure) have been awesome about it (just congratulating her and offering help if needed), but I think that it was hard on her dad and my grandparents especially to find out (and, unfortunately, I have to admit that I think it's harder for my grandparents because her boyfriend's poor and black, and I think there's tension because some people in the family blame Marie's parents for ignoring trouble signs). So I'd appreciate it if you'd all keep Marie in your thoughts and prayers--I give her credit for telling her parents and having the baby, but it's going to be tough for her.
Thanks.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger