Summer of the Shining Squirrels PART 2
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
 
the cookie of the yookie variety
Hey all. Well, I have to admit that the first time I opened the blog after my return in patria, I panicked at how much had built up and closed the window for perusal at some unknown later date. Well, July 19 was that date, baby! I finally sat down and read, entry by entry, what you guys have been up to. You're all awesome and amazing.
As far as an update on my life... hm... Well, first when I got home we had my grandpa's 90th birthday party, which was really fun. We made this memory book in which people put tributes, stories, photos, and assorted memorabilia (and my mom and I discovered how delightfully anal scrapbooking is), which we read to my grandpa. We just had an awesome day.
Then I've been working a lot. It's actually fun working at the bar. And it's a bar/grille, so I'm finally learning how to cook more things, and I'm having fun pouring peoples' drinks. I have to listen to some crack-pot theories on terrorism and the state of our world, but I get tips for smiling and nodding, although when they venture into racist territory, I admit I get a little less patient. But there are a couple of regulars who are super-nice, so I enjoy myself.
Other than that, I have had a barrage of doctors' visits. Turns out after 21 years of life I am now allergic to my cats. And the day I discover this my cats become much friendlier. oh well. I figure some exposure will help me get over this stage. I am determined to have cats! How else will I be a cat lady!?!?
Anyho, that's about all the news from Lake Woebegone. I have been anti-social thus far, but I finally called my high school best friend back yesterday, and it turns out that she took a crash course in Arabic this summer! So let this be a lesson to all--you stop being anti-social and you discover that suddenly you have something new in common with the girl who's been one of your best friends since 3rd grade.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger