Summer of the Shining Squirrels PART 2
Monday, June 27, 2005
 
Yes, let's none of us be miners!
Hey friends! I should go to beddy-bye so I'm not going to write much, but I thought I'd add a few more pics that I found from my mom's camera. Loo, yours were sweeeet - oh man the kiddies are adorable. It's great to have faces to put to your work now too. Oh my and all the deep thoughts from everybody about the state of the world...the chapter from the Manning book was HOT if I do say so myself. I can darn well tell you that I wouldn't be that articulate if I ran into Paul on the street though!!!

As for the Christian image versus its reality, though, it's freaky. The easiest way to assess this is by looking at myself. See, I say that I'm a Christian. It's probably most obvious to others because I turn on the Christian radio station and I'm occupied on Sunday mornings. When people bad mouth the Bible, though, I usually hang silent. When my parents seek spiritual guidance, I treat them like they are below me and behind me and there is nothing I can do for them because they're too far gone. I'd rather read Harry Potter, clean my room, or trim my toenails than spend one on one time with God. When my friends call me, I don't call them back out of sheer laziness. When I'm at ballet, I get all inflated when I realize I can do something better than everyone else (who are all like ten years younger than me). The list goes on and on...I am addicted to cheap grace, baby. It's at this moment, though, when I feel like a sucky Christian (slept through church, little to no fellowship, no devos) that I feel like there is a lot of potential to be a good follower of Christ. Or, as 1 cor. chapter 4 says, a FOOL for Christ!

Let's be FOOLS, friends!!!

oh so much love, and I'll wave to you Minnesotans from across the border in Wisconsin when I'm up there this weekend...

ciao,
devo
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger